Monday, August 6, 2012

Mars, we have a rover!


Charles Bolden (head honcho of NASA) told Americans last night that when we woke up in the morning, we could say that WE have a rover on Mars.  :)  I stayed up late into the night (12:30ish AM, my time), to watch Curiosity land on Mars.  It was so exhilarating, awesome, awe inspiring, yes, I cried, it was just plain grrrrrrreat!!  I am so proud of all the American engineers who worked so hard to make this happen.  WOW!  I just wish school was already in session, so I could share this excitement with my students (right now)!!  (I guess I'll have to wait.)  In my classroom, each group is named after a different NASA mission, I'm just hoping that especially those students who sat in the Curiosity group felt some kind of kinship with the mission last night--and might have remembered--hey, that was the group I was in.  :)

Curiosity is also special to me because it was launched on my birthday.  :)

I do believe John Grunsfeld (a former astronaut) said it best last night, "there are many out in the community who say that NASA has lost its way, that we don't know how to explore, that we've lost our moxie. I think it's fair to say that NASA knows how to explore, we've been exploring and we're on Mars."

YEAHHHH NASA!!!!!  & Mrs. Bright will be inspiring future NASA engineers to help land people on Mars as soon as I can get back in a classroom!!!  The countdown to school starting has begun . . . .  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment